Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Spring Fashion Trend: KIMONOS

Time to swap out beloved cardigans and move onto a lighter layering option for spring and summer! The kimono is a perfect, stylish option for your spring/summer time look. Not only is it comfy and unique, it is also versatile. Wear it over a crop top, with jeans, with shorts, over a body con dress, or even as a swim suit cover up. The kimono makes as a great statement piece this season.

I encountered quite a few at Forever 21 and found this gem-- love at first sight.




Beautiful, isn't it? The print is so vibrant, and the light material makes it PERFECT for summer. I wore this today in 90 degree Florida weather and actually felt comfortable! 

I also found a black and white one with a cropped back-- I love that, because it highlights my waist and gives a bit of a funky edge to the look. Can't wait to wear it!















~
For inspiration, here are some more beautiful kimonos that will get your through spring, summer, and festival season:

Fringe
Chictopia

Floral

NastyGal


Crochet

WindsorStore.com


Animal Print
 NastyGal



High Fashion Couture Spotlight: SheVamps on Etsy
If you're on the search for a gorgeous kimono and want a high quality, investment piece--then this is the place to go. Ugh, I just want every single kimono in her shop! There are tons of breathtaking high end designs, and rave reviews on the quality and quick ship time.











4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I love your posts and the beautiful photos! <3 <3 <3. Welcome to visit:
    http://lisawola.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you styled your kimono :) Also, the inspirational photos are great, thanks for sharing the ideas :)
    Let me know on my blog if you'd like to follow each other. xx Maja

    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete